Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Katsu yeah!!!!!

So, I recently found out that one of my favorite LA restaurants is coming to Laguna.....Katsu Ya.  Let me tell you how jealous I am of this!!!!  OC ladies - you better get your rezzies set up asap cause this food is going to hook you forever and I am sure there will be a little wait for this LA institution.  Wanted to recommend a few dishes that I always get.  Some do not appear on the menu because the they are a pain to make, but I say who cares.

Baked crab hand rolls wrapped in soy paper - 1 is never enough.  I always get 2.  I like the sauce but some people don't.  If you are scurred, then get it without.  You are missing out if you do though :)

Rock shrimp tempura - get both sauces (spicy/sweet  is one and creamy is the other) on the side.  they totally drench the shrimp so much in the sauce that it gets soggy, but on the side as a dipper is definitely a winner.

spicy tuna plate - this is different fish, sauce, and avocado wrapped in a cucumber roll (no soy paper or seaweed or rice with this)

4 1/2 cut roll in soy paper - similar to a california roll kind of.  mostly contains rice, sauce, shrimp, tuna, and crab (forget the imitation crab or the avocado though).  this is legit!

yellowtail sashimi with jalapeno - comes with a ponzu sauce as well, delish!

tuna sashimi - I think this comes like the yellowtail sashimi from what I remember

albacore with crispy onions - albacore sashimi with ponzo smothered in crispy onions (I don't even like onions and I eat this up)

last but not least!!! - spicy tuna on crispy rice - spicy tuna and jalapeno on a crispy rice patty.  there are 4 in an order, but I normally get 2 platters of these.  you want at least 2 per person.

This is my favorite sushi restaurant in the whole world.  the recent ones that have opened are rather trendy (which I assume is how the laguna one will be), but if anyone ventures to the original in studio city (my personal fave, always went with Nae Nae:), this will be by far your best Katsu Ya experience.

xoxox





 

1 comment:

  1. nice! Can't wait to hit this place up with you this summer! : ) xo

    ReplyDelete