Thursday, February 3, 2011

Whole foods phenomenons

Ok, so I recently moved to San Francisco from Orange County and unfortunately, I left behind my beloved Mother's Market, and more specifically, their nayonnaise prepared tuna.  This was absolutely to die for!  I could literally eat it every day for the rest of my life and never get sick of it.  It was healthy without the health taste.  Super crunchy with tons of celery and a lot of great fresh flavor!  I have been on the hunt for a similar tuna and sadly whole foods' prepared tuna just does not cut my craving.  However, while in search of the tuna, I found two AMAZING substitutes for light things to snack on during the day.  My favorite of the two prepared items is the sesame noodles with cucumber.  Its capellini, scallions, cilantro, sesame seeds, and a sesame oil dressing.  This pasta salad is packed with punch and crunch but still uber light and tasty.  The second is the curried chicken salad.  It contains all natural chicken breast, currents, almonds, scallions, canola mayonnaise, curry powder, chutney, and salt and pepper.  This dish has incredible crunch as well!  Can you tell I am a crunch nazi? haha.  Even though both of these items are not as healthy as the tuna, they have so much flavor and density to them that all you need is a very small portion to get you through.  You can find these in the refrigerated, prepared fresh pack section of the market.  Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment